Refugee Compassion is currently looking for a Volunteer Charity Secretary to assist the Board of Trustees with the smooth running and coordination of the charity’s business. The Charity Secretary is primarily responsible for the efficient running of meetings of the Trustee board and providing assistance the Chair of Trustees.
What responsibilities will I have?
- To liase with the chair and trustees to plan, arrange and produce agendasand supporting papers for Trustee mettings and for drafting subsequent minutes
- To distributemeeting information, supporting papers, including previous minutes to the Board of Trustees in advance of a Trustee meeting
- To ensure that all meetings comply with the requirements of the governing document
- To attend quarterly Trustee meetings as note taker
What activities will I be involved in?
- Arranging and administrating Trustee meetings in accordance with the governing document
- Acting as the custodian of of the governing document in liaison with the trustees, reviewing its appropriateness, and monitoring that charities activites reflect the objects set out in the governing document
- Supporting the trustees in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, organising trustee induction and ongoing training
How much time should I offer?
2-4 hours per month approx.
What else should I know?
You must be aged 18 or older to hold this role.
What’s the next step?
If you’re interested in the role you can apply online.